Social Networks

Back to website

Wednesday, September 08, 2010

What Do You Think About ... Christmas in October?


So my question is, do you plan for the holidays way ahead of time?  I have friends who FINISH their Christmas shopping by the end of the summer.  They are all done!  They watch for sales. They buy at their leisure. No mad-last-minute-pull-your-hair-out kind of shopping for them.

It's kinda annoying.

Then there's the shoppers who buy mostly Online.  If you LOVE shopping or if you HATE shopping, this works both ways.   You can spend hours browsing the internet for bargains and just the right gift , that's the Love part.  If you Hate it, then you can find something quickly without ever leaving the house, no fighting for parking spots at the mall or standing in long lines.  The only thing you have to do when the gift arrives on your doorstep is wrap it.  And they'll do that for you too, if you'd like.

I also know people who wait until the week before Christmas to buy all their gifts. These are the same friends who get their Christmas tree put up a day before the holiday.  They are my pantzer pals. They live on the edge. They shop late at night and spend hours wrapping into the wee hours of the morning.

I usually start my shopping before Thanksgiving and TRY to get it done before the mad rush on Dec 24th, but honestly there have been times when I've forgotten or need something at the very last minute. Not pretty.  I have used the internet to shop often and in an effort to simply life in general, sometimes I buy gift cards as gifts - they are usually very much appreciated!  I hate wrapping, so I try to keep it. Wrap as I buy. Wrap as I buy. So I don't face a huge wrapping job at the last minute.

So, are you going to be ready for Christmas in October?  To get you in the mood, why not try three yuletide stories from my new Christmas anthology, Western Winter Wedding Bells, with the fabulous Cheryl St. John and Jenna Kernan.   I think you'll love my sexy, hot cowboy, Cooper Garnett.  He's a keeper!!

1 comment:

Robin said...

I can't wait to read your Christmas story! As far as shopping goes, I *try* to do it early - as in Novemberish - but inevitably I'm still buying things in December.