Social Networks

Back to website

Thursday, September 29, 2011

HELP! I'M DROWNING IN NEW TV SHOWS!!

I don't know about you, but this September I made myself a solemn promise NOT to watch any more TV than I can possibly hold on two (2!) DVR's.  There isn't enough hours in the day for viewing EVERYTHING I'd like to try. 

After a full day of writing, and Facebooking, Tweeting and blogging, I'm ready to hang up my keyboard and vegg out in front of the boob tube.  Forget my soap opera --I've been faithfully watching for 30 years - I can't squeeze that one in anymore.  So I tape it, then scan through different storylines.  You know what they say about soaps, you only have to watch once a week, to know what's happening. Things do not move rapidly. My proof - the stars on the show don't have wardrobe changes but once a week, usually.  Which means that one week in human time = one day of soap time!


My die-hard favorites, I can't do without are:

Castle  - how could I not? He's a writer!

Dancing With the Stars - hasn't gotten old for me. I smile the entire time I'm watching

The Mentalist.  Love the premise of the show and the characters.  Cute star in Simon Baker.

Hawaii Five-O - love the remake, McGarrett and Dano solve crimes in landscapes to die for. Again cute star and co-star.

Modern Family - I'm in awe of the comedic writing!  I love to laugh out loud with this one.

Parenthood - Really grabbed me last season and I love that family, quirky as they are!

.

Justified - simply can't wait for the new season to begin. Gritty, gorgeous and compelling!







I have given up on some due to lack of time and creativity (sorry to the fans of these shows)


Grey's Anatomy
The Biggest Loser
Private Practice
Two and a Half Men ( I might give it another try.  Love the supporting cast, miss Charlie's character)
Desperate Housewives  (trying to hang on for the final season)

Trying New:

Terra Nova (Avatar, Land of the Lost and Jurassic Park all in one! I'm a Jason O'Mara fan since Life on Mars)
Unforgettable - Interesting premise
Up All Night -  the jury's still out on this one

So what about you?  What shows are you loyal to? What shows disappointed you this season and which new shows are you enjoying?








7 comments:

Unknown said...

I don't have the time or patience for much television, but Castle is on my DVR list, as well as Justified. Can't abide DDWTS, but I'm a AAGT junkie. As for daytime - might as well not have a TV. There's nothing on I want to watch now that Oprah's gone.

Charlene Sands said...

Roz,
You probably get more writing done without watching TV. But we have Justified and Castle in common. I can't wait for the new season of Justified...it's been a long while.

Sometimes, I watch the news in the morning, to know what's happening in the world!

Laney4 said...

I still record on three VCRs, as I can get WAAAAYYYY behind on them and not run out of recording space like on a DVR. I am currently watching Mar 29/11 so am six months behind. Ack! For my night-time shows, I am loyal to NCIS, DWTS, Battle of the Blades, and whatever late-night show has comedians for guests. I watch every minute of NCIS and fast-forward to see "my favorites" on the other shows.

Charlene Sands said...

OH WOW!! 3 VCR's!!
That's amazing that you have that many shows taped. At least you never run out!! I can DVR up to 4 shows in the same hour and have about 80 hours of viewing. But it's Finding Time to watch them all!! As you know, since you're way behind!!

Anonymous said...

hello charlenesands.blogspot.com owner discovered your website via yahoo but it was hard to find and I see you could have more visitors because there are not so many comments yet. I have found site which offer to dramatically increase traffic to your website http://xrumerservice.org they claim they managed to get close to 1000 visitors/day using their services you could also get lot more targeted traffic from search engines as you have now. I used their services and got significantly more visitors to my website. Hope this helps :) They offer improved search engine ranking seo class backlinks buy quality backlinks
backlinks builder Take care. John

Anonymous said...

hi all charlenesands.blogspot.com owner found your website via Google but it was hard to find and I see you could have more visitors because there are not so many comments yet. I have found site which offer to dramatically increase traffic to your site http://xrumerservice.org they claim they managed to get close to 1000 visitors/day using their services you could also get lot more targeted traffic from search engines as you have now. I used their services and got significantly more visitors to my blog. Hope this helps :) They offer mit service local seo backlinks backlink building service Take care. Jay

Anonymous said...

charlenesands.blogspot.com understanding They include that this borrower must certainly be a domicile of UK