Social Networks

Back to website

Monday, February 13, 2012

MY FAVORITE ROMANTIC MOVIE by Charlene Sands

It's Valentine's Day and Love is in the Air!

Whether it's love of a sweetheart, a child, friend or family member, today is the day that we celebrate LOVE.

So I got to thinking about the one romantic movie that does it for me every time.  The one movie, I never tire of watching. The one movie that fills my emotional well in one way and drains me, in another. For me, this movie is one of best stories of true love, that I've ever seen. 

I remember going to the movie theatre, not knowing what to expect exactly, and then being completely blown away. I hadn't read the book, so the story and the way it was told, really reached deep inside me and pulled at my heartstrings. Because of this movie, and my public display of crying,  (I wasn't warned to bring tissues) I have now shied away from all movies that I KNOW will bring on the waterworks.  Mostly, those are animal movies, but also stories of heartbreaking love.

But The Notebook was uplifting in it's love story.  No matter how many times I see this movie, I still cry during the sweet and poignant moments.  It's a movie I have to watch over and over again.

It reminds me of the tremendous power of love.
 
And what better day than today, to speak about true, everlasting love?  

Happy Valentine's Day to you. 




What's your all-time favorite love story?

11 comments:

Tanya Hanson said...

Hi Charlene ! I remember when we went to see this with Paula. I keep telling hubby it's a guy's romantic movie, too.

My favorite is still Notting Hill, and I love The Proposal.

Good blog today!

Kathleen O said...

I loved the book and the movie at the end had me blubbering into my tissues.
One of my fav romantic movies is An Affair to Remember, Cary Grant and Deborah Kerr.. I could watch it over and over again.

Charlene Sands said...

Hi Tanya
We all were crying. I got a headache trying not to. I do love The Proposal too!

Charlene Sands said...

Hi Kathleen O - Same with me... and I know the old favorite, An Affair to Remember set the bar for great love stories back in the day!!

Robena Grant said...

Yep, that was one I watched at home. The worst place in the world to watch a sad movie is on a plane.
My favorite is Love Actually. I like everything about the story. Even the character Alan Rickman played, and his humiliation and regret at the end. It was so sad to see him so humbled, and to understand his wife's forgiveness. I cried buckets, and yeah...I forgave him too. :)

Anonymous said...

Drop in on us at the moment to

buy more low-down and facts

regarding Visit us

now to buy more

information and facts in

the matter of

[url=http://www.skuteczne-odzywki.com.pl/l-glutamina-jeden-z-wazniejszych-suplementow-dla-sportowcow.html]Odzywki[/url]

Robin Bielman said...

I hope you had a wonderful Valentine's Day, Charlene! I never saw The Notebook in theaters, but rented it one day, and ohmygosh! Loved it so much.

Anonymous said...

Hello,
Which is the best/quickest method to convert DVDs to AppleTV format that will enable subtitles? I know Handbrake could do it, but it is so slow on my PB G4 1.25 GH with 1.5 G of ram. I bought Elgato's Turbo.264 and it is excellent in terms of highlighting the speed the conversion procedure, but it doesn't do subtitles.
Also, if I would like\want to convert DVDs to AppleTV (I don't get one yet) with [url=http://www.topvideoconverter.com/dvd-to-apple-tv-converter-mac/]dvd to apple tv converter for mac[/url], how will I activate subtitles in the movie?

Thanks for all your help. If a smooth and relatively painless procedsure is available, I will be obtaining an AppleTV.

Anonymous said...

Strona posiada frikowe obrazy i filmiki z serii [url=http://www.anonse-mazowieckie.pl]sex anonse warszawa[/url]. Galerie erotyczne przeznaczone wylacznie dla widzow doroslych. Codzienna aktualizacja materialow. Zobacz juz dzis!

Laura Sheehan said...

Someone gave me "The Notebook" (DVD) as a gift and it sat, unwatched, still wrapped in its plastic, on the shelf for over a year. I *knew* it was going to be a tear-jerker, and I am way too much of a marshmallow to take that lightly. It took me 5 years to finish Schindler's List, I had to take it in small bits. I am entirely too empathetic for my own good.

My favorite romantic movies are "Pride and Prejudice" (with Kiera Knightly), "Shakespeare in Love," "When Harry Met Sally," "Forget Paris," "Before Sunrise" (and "Before Sunset"), "The Princess Bride," and "Sense and Sensibility." (Can you tell I'm a movie fan?)

Laura Sheehan said...

(to clarify: I did eventually watch it! My hubby and I sat down determinedly, box of tissues and chocolate at hand, and watched it together. We were both blubbering fools by the end. Beautiful, poignant, moving.)