Social Networks

Back to website

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Wednesday's Words

Thanksgiving isn't even upon us yet and already I'm thinking about Christmas and all the shopping and decorating I intend to do. In our neighborhood, I'm amazed at how many homes are decorated with Christmas lights, reindeer, Santas in a bubble and much more, already! This is the earliest I've seen decorations go up EVER. Wow, people must really be in the holiday spirit. Or, with the soaring temperatures here in CA reaching record heights, maybe they are trying to compensate. :)

The shopping malls keep reminding us it's the holiday season and we're all aware that we should start on our Christmas lists soon, if we are to get in the great one-day sales! I'm not a shopper by any means and I do make lists so that I'm not going crazy in the stores, but last year I did a good deal of my shopping online. It worked out great as long as you do it early enough to get the goods in proper time. It's easier to navigate some of the sites and buy, then fight the crowds in the malls. This year I'm sure I'll do both, but as our kids get older, it's harder and harder to find the right gifts for them. My hubby said to put the fun back into our gift-giving, this year we're all going to get one "toy". Either a game, puzzle or something different that we can open up and enjoy on Christmas day. I like the sound of that!

No comments: