Social Networks

Back to website

Monday, November 07, 2005

Monday's Musings

It's done! It's done! SHANGHAIED GROOM is finished. I'm feeling a great sense of accomplishment with this book. It's the fastest I've completed a longer book and though I didn't rush through it, I worked super long hours to finish it. And I'm happy with the result -- that's the most important thing. My goal for this week is to do a thorough read-thru, make sure all details are correct and in place, edit any errors and off it goes. That's the easy part. On a nice day, I'll print out and do the read thru all at once in my backyard. It means sitting for more than 4 hours, but that's my way of knowing for sure that the book flows from scene to scene, from chapter to chapter. While working on it, I only see small segments at a time and often I wonder, is this tone and theme consistent with the earlier scenes?

And I'm off to print out review copies of RENEGADE WIFE to send to various review sites. It's hard to believe but Feb isn't that far off and most reviewers need at least 60 days to read and post a review. And I received the cover art and I love it. I'll try to post the new cover soon -- for all to see! I've gotten the nicest covers lately. Not one complaint in that department!

No comments: