Social Networks

Back to website

Monday, October 31, 2005

Monday's Musings

Happy Halloween, everyone! While I have to admit, it's never been my favorite holiday, I've been enjoying it much more lately. We have our ghouls and skeletons up, our witches and ghosts that our children made in grammar school dangling from rafters outside, our house is decorated with full fall foliage and soon Frankenstein will be singing and dancing inside our front window. Last night, our kids came over for our traditional pumpkin carving. My hubby does it all, while we watch, supervise and compliment his artistic ability. This time he carved the face of a wolf in shadows. It's very cool! And a more traditonal Casper type ghost holding a pumpkin. My daughter seasoned and baked pumkin seeds and we had them later on in the evening. I do love seeing the children dressed up in costumes coming to my door. But mostly, what I love is the traditions that we've instituted over the years -- and how our out-of-college children, still enjoy coming over to keep those family traditions going strong.

Happy Trick or Treating everyone!

No comments: