Social Networks

Back to website

Monday, October 17, 2005

Monday's Musings

I just received word that my Desire - Caroline's Man Friday has been scheduled for August 2006 and the title has changed to Bunking with the Boss. I like it. It's one I had sent into my editor along with a dozen other titles and it's growing on me. Usually, it's hard for me to give up a title that's been staring me in the face the whole time I'm writing the book. But for me, and I might have mentioned this before, only one of my originial titles have ever stuck.
And that was the very first book I wrote called Chance in a Million. Yep, the hero' s name was Chance so the title fit perfectly! But I'm happy with my new title for the most part and am extremely happy to see that I'll have 2 summer reads out, one in June and one in August as well as a February 2006 Harlequin Historical. Lots of words, lots of work -- but worth it.

2 comments:

Cheryl St.John said...

Charlene, I like BUNKING WITH THE BOSS! It sounds like a fun read just from the title.

Charlene Sands said...

For Bunking with The Boss, my editor now wants to see if Bunking Down with the Boss will work. But here are the others we've tossed around.

Belle Star Seduction (the name of the stables, not heroine)

The Counterfeit CEO

A Stanger in Her Bed (been done before but it's intriguing)

A Man Worth Saving (This is the actual theme of the book)

The CEO's Secret

The Lady Boss Does ... (I like this one a lot!)

Secret Seduction

I really like them all, so I'm good with whatever the editors pick. I'm not a Title Guru -- like Cheryl St. John -- she's the best!