Social Networks

Back to website

Thursday, October 27, 2005

Thursday's Thoughts

I'm not complaining really, considering how long it took me to get to this place in my career, but just when I thought I'd have a break for the holidays, I'm getting more and more work. Yesterday, after writing at least 20 pages and the pivotal love scene leading up to the dark moment in my story, (Yes I'm finally nearing the end of Shanghaied Groom) I received my copyedits for my June Desire. It's a cycle I know, once the book is finished, we see it at least three more times for edits. Copyedits need to be done pronto, the turnaround time is just a week usually. So, I'm not going to get to finish my story this week as planned. And I had such great momentum. I'll change gears and go into edit mode. But I do LOVE all that I do having to do with writing. It's just not fitting into my plans. And next I know, I'll receive my Bible for the Fortunes Series and have a month to work up my synopsis -- all before January.
It's the nature of the beast, deadlines! I don't mind them, but hey, I just wanted some free time to enjoy shopping and decorating for the holidays. Maybe, if I work faster -- I'll get there. :)

No comments: