Social Networks

Back to website

Monday, October 10, 2005

Monday's Musings

My trip to the Hollywood Bowl last Saturday night, brought back some amazing memories of my childhood, when I saw Jim Morrison and the Doors, known then just as the Doors, along with the Rascals, of "It's a Beautiful Morning" fame. I remember sitting in box seats then, true box seats where four seats were boxed into a wooden frame, two in front, two in back. At the time, I don't think we knew how famous Jim Morrison would be, or how long those memories would stick with us. But they did. And on this past Saturday, those memories came rushing forth. At the time, there was no Staples Center or huge outdoor venues. Anyone who was "anyone" would play the Hollywood Bowl. It was "the" arena for rock groups.

But it's a calmer place now and I was amazed how easy it was, traffic wise to get in and out of the facility. Though we showed up 90 minutes early, as you have to do these days to avoid the masses. My friend and I had dinner in our box seat, with waiter service and all. We shared a nice meal and a bottle of wine before the show and I wondered why it had taken me all these years to go back to a true Hollywood icon. Loved every minute of it. Tim McGraw, was great as usual. We don't expect anything less from him or his band. And we even got to see a few stars as Scott Hamilton and Rick Schroeder, strolled right by us.

Fun!

No comments: