Social Networks

Back to website

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Wednesday's Words

It's been a tumultuous few days and I took a little break from writing. The fires are out in our area, but Mother Nature isn't cooperating and we're having those Santana winds again. For those who don't know they are warm winds that blow at rapid rates and in my neck of the woods that usually means brushfires. Last week's fires are under control now, but there are hot spots up in the hills that the experts are worried about. I saw evidence of this yesterday when I drove out of my neighborhood only to see five fire engines (from other counties) come up our way. It's signiciant to note that these are not our firefighters, because it means that some of the 3000 that had come from all over, are still here, anticipating. So, we sit and wait and hope that the winds die down soon, and that some sicko arsonist, won't be tempted to go up in the hills. With all the firefighters now on the scene, I would hope that we'd only have to worry about what Mother Nature intends.

And on an entirely different note, my hubby and I went to the Angels play-off game last night. We arrived early and enjoyed the stadium goings-on. Lots to see and do there, before the game. And for the first time, I ate Hooters Chicken strips. And yes, they are very GOOD. But, when a guy says he goes there for the food -- I still don't believe that! We had a great time just being in play-off mania, but our team lost. So, we'll be sitting and watching the next few games on TV and hoping the team makes it to the next round. Go ANGELS!!

No comments: