Social Networks

Back to website

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Wednesday's Words

It's almost Halloween and fall is definitely upon us. I can't say that I love this time of year weather- wise, I'm not a fall/winter person, but I do love decorating the house for Halloween and Thanksgiving. Already up are my fall wreaths and faux pumpkins inside the house. My vases hold fall colors now and there are fall leaf decorations in abundance all over. I've put up our singing Frankenstein and skeletons and the paper mache ghost that my daughter made while in grammar school. Real pumpkins are on the way and we'll be carving those over the weekend. My husband is a master carver - he's done the most amazing things like carving a witch on a broom flying by the big moon and a big black cat arching its back. We've had tricks before treats when the kids come by and played scary music. We've made a "grab" house where the kids don't know what they'll get when they put their hands inside.

Don't even get me started on Thanksgiving! I have it every year and I've collected some great decorations over the years -- it's my favorite holiday. Though it's a ton of work, I still find it more relaxing and less stressful than other holidays. I love the warmth and comraderie and what better way to enjoy the day than spending time with your loved ones ... eating!

2 comments:

Cheryl St.John said...

Thanksgiving and Christmas are my two favorite holidays, and I love to decorate the whole house for each season. For fall I change out all my silk floral arrangements, because I just love the fall colors, and from my collection of pitchers, bring out those with leaves and acorns to fill with flowers. I have tablecloths and even dinnerware in themed colors and patterns.

This year we grew pumpkins, so even our front yard is festive, with tubs and baskets of pumpkins among the mums and the die-hard pansies!

Charlene Sands said...

Holidays -- You're so creative, I bet your house is decorated with flair! I do love Thanksgiving, the fall colors and pumpkins and all that food. Wish I could grow my own pumkin patch!

Charlene