Social Networks

Back to website

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Losing a Day of Writing

There's nothing worse, is there? Yesterday, I had plans for the day and had to cancel it all, due to a head that wouldn't stop throbbing and a stomach on the blink. I don't know what triggered it all, because this morning, I woke up right as rain, as they say. But I lost a whole afternoon and evening of writing. With three back to back deadlines, that's not a good thing.

So what did I do? Nothing! I couldn't think much, not even to plot my next scenes in the chapters, not even to flesh out some new ideas. I watched TV mindlessly, without even the strength to put in a DVD. Thank goodness the remote controls were working.

The only good thing about the day, was that I didn't have much of an appetite. Jello and toast did it for me, all day. Hopefully, the scale will register differently today!

And I watched AMERICAN IDOL. Boy, Simon wasn't in a good mood. Ryan thanked Paula and Randy at the end of the show, but Simon's name wasn't even mentioned. Did you notice? They'd had words during the course of the show. For ratings, I'm sure.
But I have to say, Simon is right most of the time. Of course, he's rank and crude and could be nicer with his criticism, but nothing about the male performances rang out to me and screamed NEXT IDOL. I hope the ladies night will be better.

It's nice to be able to think today. And write! I'm not leaving this computer anytime soon today.

No comments: