Social Networks

Back to website

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Covers, Covers and More Covers!



Have I got your attention?

When I wrote the Suite Secrets Series for Desire, I envisioned what my hero characters would look like. Trent Tyler in Five-tar Cowboy is more rugged than most of the wealthy tycoons you might expect. He has a deep love of the land, respects animals and loves winning. He's tall, dark and handsome, but he's also clever and smart as a whip. I searched and searched until I found a man that would fit the bill.


What do you think? Pretty handsome and rugged and a millionaire to boot! In my mind, maybe Trent had a less cleanly shaven face with some scruffiness on his very sharp features.

But the cover gods, had a different Trent Tyler in mind. They chose to show his millionaire status and I'm not disappointed. I like a man who wears a tux and a Stetson so well.

It just goes to show that the author's concept and the artist's concept of the character can be miles apart. I've been happy with my covers thus far, so no complaints out of me. I do a 6 page Art Fact Sheet explaining the story, concepts, theme and finally physical characteristics of my main characters.

Here's who I've picked for the next two books in the series. You may recognize them!
Cody Landon in Do Not Disturb Until Christmas:


Brock Tyler in Reserved for the Tycoon:



Okay, so I have lofty aspirations for my covers, but these guys do fit the character so well. Guess we'll just have to wait and see what the cover gods have in mind!
Visit me today at Petticoats and Pistols. Take a walk down Memory Lane and you may win a copy of my May anthology, Western Weddings!

Hope to see you there!















No comments: