Social Networks

Back to website

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

I love Idol ... I admit it!


There isn't anything I don't like about the final ten weeks of American Idol. It's pure and simple entertainment. It's Star Search and Ed Sullivan all wrapped up and tied with a pretty bow.



Last night I was in Idol Heaven. I sat with my eyes glued to the set, much to my company's groans. (My kids 25 and 30 are NOT fans) After dinner, I made the announcement. Didn't matter that the Laker play-off game was on, we were going to sit down with cake batter, expresso and peanut butter flavored frozen yogurt and watch the entire show! My bribe worked, but the comments I endured would be considered cruel and unusual punishment by most civilized countries.










Despite their claims to "cheesy singing acts by the top ten", "bad staging", trying to figure out if the Guru was really in the scene with David and David, and Ryan being a Dork - all sacrilege to me, my family sat with me and watched the two hours while I relished every second!



I loved Carrie Underwood's performance. I'm an avid country music fan!

I loved Gladys Knights and her New Pips - Ben Stiller, Jack Black and Robert Downey Jr. It was a real hoot!!


I loved it when Ryan almost fell off the Guru carpet ride!

I liked seeing the judges dressed up, smiling and nice to everyone! Simon even made an apology of sorts to Cook.

Even though I was an Archuleta fan, I thought the votes came in as they should have. David Cook, a little more mature, a little more entertaining and a teensy bit more talented, deserved the Idol Crown.

All in all, a great season of Idols.


I won't be there in January to watch the lunatics try to impress the judges. I know those first few weeks are popular, but watching them reminds me how many delusional people live in this world. But when the wannabes come to Hollywood, I'm so there!

No comments: