Social Networks

Back to website

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Something You Don't See Very Much in California





Our friends just sent up this picture from their home in Palmdale, California. Palmdale is considered the high desert, just 6o miles from Los Angeles. Wednesday, my friend was snowed in at her daughter's house. It took a four-wheeler to get her home.

Snow in this area happens rarely, so it's a treat to see their Winter Wonderland. Pretty, but oh so dangerous if you're not prepared.

We have to drive up north to see snow normally.
Do you get snow where you live?

2 comments:

squiresj said...

Unfortunately I get snow here. It is beautiful but rough living out in the country. I loved snow as a kid but it hard now with arthritis.

Anonymous said...

I know it's not easy living where it snows alot. I grew up in New York and I remember my dad shoveling the driveway and my mom taking me to school and having to undress me from the layers of clothes, goloshes and mittens. The teacher couldn't do it for her whole class.