Social Networks

Back to website

Saturday, October 06, 2012

Butter Cookies - Can't Eat Just One! by Charlene Sands




As promised on Facebook, I am posting this wonderful and easy/peasy butter cookie recipe.  I know you'll enjoy!! 

1 Cup Butter  (use real butter of course)
6 Tablespoons Confectioner's Sugar
2 Cups Flour
1 tsp vanilla  (sometimes for added flavor I use almond extract)
1 Cup Nuts  (optional - though I never put them in- the cookie is delish without anything else)

Cream butter and for best results, let the butter soften naturally.  Do not melt over heat. 
Add other ingredients gradually until all incorporated.  (Do this without a mixer- the old-fashioned way with a spoon or spatula)   Knead well and roll into balls about the width of a quarter or more.  Flatten with fork. If batter gets sticky, add a little flour to fork. 

Bake in 350 oven on cookie sheet for 12 minutes (but check them after 8 min)
The cookie top will not brown. Check the bottom for browning. 
Let the cookies cool for a full 15 min or they will crumble.
Sprinkle with powdered sugar while hot.

Makes approximately 30 cookies. 
It's true.  You can't eat just one.  Enjoy!!!


***See our previous Risky Release Party Contest and be entered to win gift cards and ebooks!!


4 comments:

Carol L. said...

Thanks Charlene. My daughter just asked me if I had a peanut butter cookie recipe she could try. :)So thanks for the recipe. We're both going to try it this week.
Carol L
Lucky4750 (at) aol (dot) com

Cathy P said...

Thanks for the butter cookie recipe!

kscathy@yahoo.com

Laurie G said...

Yes, I have to agree with all of your reasons. I read a lot but only a few books I actually remember the storyline, what the characters did, how I felt about the characters or the situation they found themselves in, how they related to each other, who I was cheering on, how they worked out their differences to obtain a HEA.

1) believability- making characters react and act in believable ways this includes paranormals
2) creativity- making familiar themes fresh
3) sense of humor -I like humor in books maybe because I'm too serious
4)great dialogue- allows me to get to know the characters and keeps me interested
5) details- I like background info but NO REPETITION
6)There has to be chemistry between the heroine and the hero

Books I remember: Karen Robards- WALKING AFTER MIDNIGHT, Linda Howard- WHITE LIES, SEP-NOBODYS BABY BUT MINE, Jill Shalvis all
her books have great chemistry , witty dialogue and humor, Theresa Romain- A SEASON FOR SEDUCTION, Nora Robert's TEMPEST IN EDEN, Elizabeth Lowell- UNFORGIVING and LaVyrle Spencer's FORGIVING...

bn100 said...

Sounds tasty. Thanks for the recipe.

bn100candg(at)hotmail(dot)com