Social Networks

Back to website

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Staying Heart Healthy

For the past 15 years I've been a member of the American Heart Association teaching classes in CPR. While I teach childbirth and baby care basics as my main focus is on the infant, I've also taught CPR in a hospital setting to nurses and medical professionals as well as to the public.

It's rewarding work and it gets me away from the computer a few times a week. February is American Heart Month. Sure, we celebrate love and romance on Valentine's Day, but just as importantly we focus on staying heart healthy and getting the word out about CPR.

Have you taken a CPR class lately? Do you know how to stay heart healthy? Do you know the common risk factors that lead to coronary artery disease and heart attack?


My blog at Petticoats and Pistols, called The Heart You Save May Be Your Own ... is a different take on Valentine's day. Stop by for current info from AHA and me about staying heart healthy!


I am also the Spotlight Author on Pam Thibodeaux's Blog on Valentine's Day. I hope to see you there too!!

Oh and if you signed up for the Suite Valentine's Day Contest, this week, please re-enter. There was a techo glitch in the system. Sorry for the inconvenience!

No comments: