Social Networks

Back to website

Thursday, February 26, 2009

The Cowboy Town Concert!


Here's a picture of me and my hubby, Don having dinner with author and good friend Tanya Hanson and her other half, Tim at Bubba Gumps before the show!
The concert was more fun that I expected. I've never seen Brooks and Dunn in concert before and I promised you a recap.


The opening acts were awesome! A new band called Gloriana performed with a great sound, two guys, two girls. Then Jason Michael Carroll came on stage and wowed the audience with some of his biggest hits!




Anticipation stirred in the seats ... and when Brooks and Dunn finally took the stage, the crowd all stood up and sang along with them. I had no idea that Kix Brooks sang so many songs. I always think of Ronnie being the lead singer. They rocked on for an hour and a half, singing all their hits, including, Only in America (amid red, white and blue streamers shooting down from the ceiling) and soldiers coming on stage from all 4 forces of our military, Neon Moon, Red Dirt Road, Proud of the House We Built and It's Getting Better All the Time.

I know, not the greatest pictures, the lighting wasn't conducive to our digital cameras, but that's Ronnie Dunn a'singing! The highlight was when Ronnie sang Cowgirls Don't Cry, a duet he usually does with Reba. Well, to our surprise, amid a standing ovation and cheers from the audience, Reba walked onto the stage to sing the last refrain! She was there and gone so fast I didn't even try to get a picture, but boy, oh, boy, it was a thrill to see the two sing together.
Can you tell I love Country Music yet?


Another thing I love is Wine!
Come visit me on Friday at http://www.petticoatsandpistols.com/ and see what I have to say about Ghosts and Wineries of the past! It's a fun and informative blog I hope you'll enjoy. We're nearing our millionth hit and posting a comment during the week we hit, might just win you something cool!

Hint: We are sooo close!

No comments: