Social Networks

Back to website

Monday, January 16, 2006

A Blogger on Blogging

Just over a year ago, I didn't really know what a BLOG was. I remember bugging one of my fellow authors to help me get the gist of blogging and what it does and why on earth anyone would want to do it? She was very patient with me as I tried to understand the simplicity and complexity of blogging.

Now, blogging has become a daily occurence in our Internet society. I hear news commentators say how a blogger broke a big story - or how political activists get their messages out by blogging, one blog at a time. It's a forum for people to speak their minds, share opinions and remark on other's comments.

Now, our Desire authors, with a little bit of arm twisting are blogging on our newly designed Desire website. And my chapter, the Orange County Chapter of RWA has developed their own blog site, one I will be blogging on in February.

It seems that everyone is jumping on the bandwagon. And that's a good thing. Communication is key to keeping abreast on your interests from the ground up so to speak. For me, blogging is a unique tool to say hello to my readers and say what's happening in my writing life. It's a way to share experiences, insights or simply tell a funny joke to the masses. It's a live update, where I can get your opinions on my new titles, yes, even run a contest and to share with you my triumphs and uh, not so glorious news.

I guess I'll stay on the bandwagon for the long haul.
Until the music stops playing.

No comments: