Social Networks

Back to website

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Getting Organized



When it rains, it pours, they say. And lately it seems that my workload has increased in leaps and bounds. Today, for instance I have a full schedule and everything has to be timed just right. I've learned to organize my time to get the most out of every minute, and frankly, I hate the days when there's no down time. I NEED down time every day. But when these days arrive, I have to buck up and follow my schedule. And aside from work, of course as you know, life happens. Our kitchen remodel is in the works and I'll be dealing with workman and shopping for "fun" things like a new sink and faucet and tiles etc, etc.

So this morning, I'll be working on copyedits for Bunking Down with the Boss, (there's a tight deadline) getting dressed in time for workmen to come and inspect the kitchen cabinets that arrived a week early, write up a synopsis for my single title story, (if time allows), work some more on the copyedits (I need to break it up, too tedius otherwise), read my Rita books in between times, have a perm this afternoon, dinner will be something easy and off to the hospital I go to teach a pediatric CPR class.
Up at 7 AM, home at 11 PM.

Thank goodness, these days don't happen often, but without the schedule in my head, I wouldn't be able to get it all done. Whoops, it's time for coffee and start on my copyedits. I have an hour before the workmen come!

No comments: