Social Networks

Back to website

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

THE CEO TAKES REVENGE

It's amazing how when I get to a certain point in my story, I can't seem to stop writing. I'm there now. I'm into the black moment, the second turning point of the story, where everything that looks good, goes awry. I love it. It's easy to write. Though, these scenes are pivotal, and I must chose my words carefully and the scene has to be written just right, it's really going well.

This is the time in the story where I wish there were more hours in the day. The story wants to pour out of me. I want to write until the conclusion. But I have other commitments, more to do today. Life happens, as they say. But if my eyes and brain could hold out, I'd love to sit here all day until I'm finished.

It's great to actually not find it a chore to sit at the computer. Now, I'm streaming along. I know exactly what will happen in each scene and how I plan on writing it. But my eyes are hurting now, and I have to do "life" things now, so I guess it's going to have to wait until later. Or tomorrow. Darn -- I was on a roll!

3 comments:

Shelli Stevens said...

I know exactly what you're talking about,that moment. And I love it! Because it means I get to start another book soon! Well, after the rewrites and self editing. Ack!

Charlene Sands said...

Shelli,
Good thing I'm on a roll, cause my deadline just got moved up a month. Ack! is right.

Glad you can relate. So, it's not only me who loves when it's almost time to tie all loose ends and knot it all up!!

Cheryl St.John said...

You go, girl!