Social Networks

Back to website

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Friends and Research!

Lately, and always, my friends and family have been a big help to me with my contemporary research. So this message is a big THANK YOU to them!

Presently, I'm writing THE CEO SEEKS REVENGE and I have to admit, I'm having a whole lot of fun with my alpha hero. I set the story on Catalina Island, a small tourist attraction off the coast of Los Angeles, that I've been to many times in the past. But not recently. And a good deal of the story takes place on the hero's yacht and I fashioned the boat to resemble my dear and longtime friend's yacht docked right here at Marina Del Rey. My friends have been wonderful in sharing their boating knowledge with me, offering to take me out on the boat again, (I've been many times, but not with an eye for research) and sharing their pictures and stories with me. It's wonderful to have friends I can rely on for research. Their generosity and willingness is greatly appreciated.

And last week, my cousin took a trip to Catalina for pleasure and offered to take many pics of specific areas I needed for my story. I have my own personal photographer! The timing couldn't have been better and again my thanks go out to them for their help.

Of course, if I could, I'd love to do my own research which means taking a trip to the island myself, but time is of the essence with the next few projects I'm doing, so I'm relying on my friends and family. They never let me down!

Join Charlene for her comprehensive Online Class in June:
FORGIVE ME, DAVID LETTERMAN - TOP TEN WRITING MISTAKES.
You know you're making a mistake if ....
For details and registration go to: http://www.occrwa.com/classes_June.html

No comments: