Social Networks

Back to website

Friday, August 08, 2008

Romance Writers of America Conference ... My SF trip!

Just thought I'd share this pics. A fun time, but quite exhausting. So much to do, so little time!

Here's my good friends, Tanya Hanson, author of Midnight Bride and Kathy Bennett on our way!



No sooner did we land and check in, did we begin our booksigning event at the Marriott in San Francisco to benefit Literacy.


Half of the fillies from Petticoats and Pistols celebrate at the signing together. Stacey Kayne, top left, Pam Crooks, Kate Bridges, Pat Potter and yours truly. We met at the top of the hotel for drinks afterward to view a stunning landscape of the city and bay.

Our traditional Harlequin Historical Hussy breakfast on Convention Thursdays. Shari Anton and Gail Ranstrom among 18 others! A good way to catch up with our online pals!



Next it's a 20 minute taxi drive to Tal y Tara where we had tea with the

Mills and Boon editors. Stacey Kayne, Suzy,(editor) Linda Fildew (senior editor), Charlene Sands, Kate Bridges and Pam Crooks in the gardens.




My Orange County Chapter friends.




Sandra Madden, my former critique partner and me. Sandy gave me her husband's book, Rueben on Wry which is laugh outloud funny. You'd best know Dave Madden as Rueben Kincaid from the Partridge Family. Pick it up on Amazon, you'll love the "wry" humor!


Smiling with my new 2008 Booksellers Best Award pin after the ceremony!
It was quite a thrill to win for Fortune's Vengeful Groom.
That covers Wednesday night and Thursday! Still two more days of convention, including the Harlequin party and Chinatown excursion, but I ran out of film. Oh, and we had a great dinner at a place called the Stinking Rose. Did some shopping too!

No comments: