Social Networks

Back to website

Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Wednesday's Words

In my story Heiress Beware, I needed to know the titles of some current day children's books. My heroine volunteers in a bookstore, while helping the sheriff of Winchester County try to figure out her real identity. And I found myself at a total loss. The days of reading children's books have come and gone for me. With my children already out of college, and no grandchildren to speak of, well, let's just say I've been out of the loop with children's books. It's great to have listserves to rely on. My Harlequin Hussy friends responded quickly, coming up with some great new titles for me that their children and grandchildren enjoy. And ... of course we can always rely on the timeless books, such as Danny and the Dinosaur, Green Eggs and Ham (my kids' favorite) and all other Dr. Seuss books. I also remember reading to them for countless hours the standard fairy tales and nursery rhymes. Are children still reading Mother Goose? Or are they more sophisticated than that now?

No comments: