Social Networks

Back to website

Monday, June 06, 2005

Monday's Musings

The highlight of my weekend was seeing Cinderella Man with Russell Crowe and Renee Zellwegger. I have to say it was the best movie I've seen all year for many reasons. For one, the acting was incredible, Russell C, seemed to be made for the role of James Braddock. His portrayal defined the character on many levels. And Renee Z played his quietly strong wife. I found this movie so poignant because of the reminder of what my own parents endured during the Depression. The movie brought back stories my father told of poverty and desperation, of a time in America when all hope seemed to have vanished. I don't think there was ever a movie made that depicted what life was really like back then so admirably and so honestly, But the movie didn't focus on that, it wasn't ABOUT the depression, but the time period was used as the backdrop for the trials and struggles of one honorable man to provide for his family. I always know when a book or a movie is excellent, because it stays with me for days and days. Cinderella Man did that for me. It stayed with me. And because I'm a romance writer, I loved it because it did have a happily-ever-after ending.

No comments: