Social Networks

Back to website

Thursday, June 02, 2005

Thursday's Thoughts

It's Thursday already! The week is flying by. I guess when you're busy that happens. I'm moving along okay on my story so far. This single title I'm writing keeps me guessing. Those of you out there who write know, that second guessing your decisions comes with the territory. Usually by the time the proposal is written, the second guessing is over, but I'm not quite there yet. And the confidence I have in the story isn't there yet either. I have questions and doubts wondering if I'm headed where I want to be headed or if there isn't a better way to tell this story. Changing scenarios is one way. Changing point of view, is another. How much information to reveal now, versus in later chapters is another thing I second guess. There's so much that goes into a story, that readers probably don't realize. I know I'm guilty of the same, especially when reading a good book that moves along smoothly. I think that the author had it all down pat because the story flows and it's an easy read. But I know in my heart, that's not the case and when I speak with those authors, often I find that they struggled with their story the way I seem to with mine. It's comforting to know and at the same time, a bit disheartening. It never seems to get easier ... but then it's our passion, our life, but it's also ... a four letter word ... WORK.

No comments: