Social Networks

Back to website

Thursday, June 23, 2005

Thursday's Thoughts

It's graduation day for my niece. She'll be graduating from high school today and it's three down and one to go with my family. Our kids (my sister's and mine) have all attended the same high school and though mine graduated a few years back, I'm now going to enjoy seeing my niece in cap and gown today. It's a monumental achievement and though the weather plans a nasty heat, we'll be there with smiles on our faces and love in our heart. Milestones of any kind are heartwarming, yet bittersweet since I remember how I felt when leaving my dear friends in high school to go my own way. It's never easy but I managed to stay in contact and remain friends with many of the girls I went to high school with. And I feel certain sadness knowing that after today, we'll have just one more year of high school before all the kids in our family have moved on to bigger and better things. Bittersweet is the right word.

No comments: