Social Networks

Back to website

Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Wednesday's Words

Sometimes the only thing consistent in the writing world, is the inconsistency. When I first sold, I didn't realize that and I spent a few years worrying about things out of my control, concerned about things I couldn't change. But I'm older and wiser now, not quite a veteran author, but one with a lot of experience. And yesterday I found out that my editor has been promoted -- I'm happy for her. She deserves to move up the ladder, but it meant that I would be getting a new editor. Someone who doesn't know me. Someone who may not like my work or my style.

Amazingly, this news didn't destroy my day. Amazingly, I could only anticipate good things. And when she called, I was happy to meet her. Ever the optimist, I figure there's a higher plan for me and that maybe, this new editor is a part of that plan. Anyway, the good thing here, was that I took it in stride. Perhaps, I'm learning that things will work themselves out in time. And that some things are meant to be. I'm a big believer that what we might regard as a bad thing, somehow turns out to be a very good thing. It's taken me years to understand that. And now, I'm looking forward to whatever my writing life has in store for me.

No comments: