Social Networks

Back to website

Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Tuesday's Tidbits

I've been working hard on the synopsis for my single title proposal, and it's more difficult than I'd thought. Mainly because I have so many options, so many decisions to make, and much more room in a single title to go places I've never gone before. Therefore, I have to sit and really think about the direction I want my story to take. It's different in Category romance, because it's on a smaller and narrower scope, so the ending is always clear in my mind, and there's no subplots to deal with nor is there usually any great intrigue or mystery. I usually do have a villain, but its secondary and a means to an end, not so much the main plot of the story. With my single title attempt, I have subplots, a little mystery going, a romance with lots of issues and conflicts and well, I've never labored so hard on a synopsis before. But hard work usually pays off. Some of my best work has been more difficult than it appeared, and the author is often rewarded when the story is the best it can be. Let's hope so ... in this case too.

No comments: