Social Networks

Back to website

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Tuesday's Tidbits

Baseball and Writing--
We Won! We Won! The game at Dodger Stadium was great! I'm still in a little bit of awe at the way my nephew pitched a two-hitter, keeping his composure after giving up a homerun in the first inning, then retiring 17 consecutive batters after that. They won their high school baseball championship that day at Dodger Stadium, with Tommy Lasorda shaking everyone's hand and my nephew won a special award for Player of the Game. It's something we will all remember for the rest of our lives. A very special day.
And now back to writing. After days of being away from the computer, I had planned on writing all morning. But late last night, I couldn't sleep and the computer and my story, beckoned. So I sat down and the words flowed. I kept thinking how strange life is, how we never know what will happen and how, if I'd fallen asleep last night, the Tuesday morning version of my story would have been entirely different. I wrote things I hadn't planned on writing, and learned more about my characters last night. And I KNOW that if I had waited until today, the story and my characters would have taken a different course. I'm in the early stages of the story, as you might imagine, and have only the glue of the synopsis in my head. Once I write these three chapters, I'll finish with the synopsis. And once that's written I stick close to the story proposal. So now, in these first three chapters, I have leeway. I have room to change and to grow. I liked what I wrote last night, though it hadn't been planned and it just goes to show that when the need arises, go with your heart. It'll never let you down.

No comments: