Social Networks

Back to website

Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Wednesday's Words

Ever since my nephew was four years old, I've watched him play baseball. Those early T-Ball days exhibited his great talent, even as a very young boy. I'll never forget the triple play, where he made all three outs! It was little league baseball, mind you, but unbelievable to see his little mind work so quickly and make all the right plays. He has lived, slept and breathed baseball for as long as I can remember and now he's come full circle and I think I've been waiting for this day, like my sister and brother-in-law for a long time. He's in high school now and the team has won the league play-offs and are going to the final game, against their longtime rivals. And my nephew, the ace pitcher will take the mound at Dodger Stadium on Saturday for the long-awaited championship game. It's nail-biting time for a pitcher, who has the most to lose or win, and I'm both excited to see him perform and dreading the nerves I'll experience that day. It's only high school baseball, I know, but it's also a dream come true. And then, of course, the place with be packed with baseball scouts, television crews and commentors, so there's good reason to be nervous. The only good thing about this, is that my nephew keeps his cool under pressure, he thrives on it and so I'll take comfort in knowing that. Can't wait.

No comments: