Social Networks

Back to website

Friday, May 20, 2005

Friday's Finds

There's nothing better than feeling that sense of accomplishment when your work is accepted, understood and maybe even a little bit admired. This month I've had a lot of "ups" and I have to say, it more than makes up for the "down" times in writing. Yes, we all have them, ups and downs, just like any other profession I would assume. But my ups have been really good this month, and I'm feeling somewhat redeemed in chosing a career in writing. I've had a nice 4 star review from Romantic Times Magazine for my July release, Like Lightning. More so, than the excellent star rating, the reviewer "got" my story, the humor and snappy dialogue came through which means, hopefully, that when the book finally hits the shelves, the reader too will understand what I was shooting for. And I received the acceptance of my next Desire with no revisions. The 2006 Heiress Beware -- a Dynasties continuity was tied into 11 other stories and all the authors got together to make sure our stories blended the way they should. It was a first for me and quite a welcome challenge. Knowing that I got it right, without any major flaws, gives a lift to my writing spirit. Last, but certainly not least, my single title attempt is going more smoothly than I had hoped. The synopsis is flowing and I'm well into Chapter Two of the 3 chapter and synopsis proposal. So, all in all, May has been a good month for me. I can only hope it continues. :)

No comments: