Social Networks

Back to website

Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Wednesday's Words

Well, I finally got my next two proposals off. It's such a great feeling to have labored for months and finally have the finished product to send to my editor. I'm keeping good thoughts for those stories, hoping they go over well. And the wait isn't overly long to hear back. But in the meantime, I've started my next story, something so different than what I usually write -- a long single title contemporary that has some unique qualities. It's something I've been wanting to write for a few years now, and now, finally, I have some time to devote to it. It's a challenge, I must say and though the story's in my head, the words have to fit just right and I have to make sure each plot point is worked out perfectly before I move on. I did say it's a challenge, one that requires more thought, than merely sitting down and writing. But I find, if I work a little and then get away from the story, those plot points become more clear to me. It's something I count on, being able to distance myself somewhat, then come back later to find the answers I'm looking for. So for now, I'm distancing myself after writing a few pages, and later, I will go back. Hopefully, I'll be hit with the inspiration I need. Those of you who write -- I know you can relate.

No comments: