Social Networks

Back to website

Thursday, May 19, 2005

Thursday's Thoughts

I had such an enjoyable day at Disneyland yesterday that today I KNOW I have to sit down to write. I didn't get anything accomplished ... due to a fun day to celebrate our anniversay, so now I have to start on the synopsis to my next story. Now, if you're like me, when I'm not writing down the synopsis, I'm thinking about it and the words seem to flow easily in my head -- catch phrases, beginning hooks, etc and then when I finally sit down to write this "easy" synopsis, it doesn't always work. It becomes harder than what I had in my head -- darn, I thought it had been brilliant ... but it hadn't been, or I missed something, or I've forgotten the exact words that had been in my head to make the synopsis shine. So the reality of it is, it seems, that there's no easy way. It's like trying to lose weight. No matter the "all fire" cure ,what it takes is hard work, exercise and eating smart. That's the bottom line with working up a synopsis for me -- hard work, exercising those skills I have crammed in my head and being smart. So off I go, putting a fun day of Pirates, Indiana Jones and BuzzLightYear away and concentrating on making sense of the story in my head.

No comments: