Social Networks

Back to website

Monday, May 09, 2005

Monday's Musings

Happy Belated Mother's Day all. It was a great day with the family. We had in-laws and outlaws :) as I refer the boyfriends and girlfriends of my children. We played Texas Hold Em, watched baseball, ate outside and it seemed we had more food than on Thanksgiving. And that's saying something. My hubby was great, helping with everything, but with 14 for dinner, it's still a chore. I loved having everyone over to the house, instead of going out. Mother's Day is the busiest for restaurants and we've done that often. This time, with many watching our weight, we decided a buffet wasn't the best choice. So we catered in. And ate, and ate, anyway. Doesn't seem like it's our family unless we have at least five different desserts. I think I counted seven yesterday, and of course, I had to taste each one -- a small taste, but a taste nonetheless. So this morning, I rode the treadmill for almost an hour, burned lots of calories and I promised myself to be good the rest of the week. Ah, it's great to be a mom. Flowers and balloons from my son and my favorite perfume from my daughter. Even the hubby gave a gift -- my favorite romance DVD. Until next year...now it's back to work and getting that proposal proof read before sending to my editor!

No comments: