Social Networks

Back to website

Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Tuesday's Tidbits

Today I'm reflecting on 31 years of marriage. Yes, to the same handsome guy I fell in love with almost 35 years ago. He was my high school sweetheart and now not only he is still that, but he's my rock and my best friend too. We're going back in time to celebrate our anniversary tomorrow. We're going to Disneyland! Seems like the time just flew by -- honestly. And when I teach my childbirth and babycare classes, I look out at the group of expectant parents envying them a little for the joys and trials they will encounter raising a family, but also holding back the old cliche, it goes by so fast. It surely does. But I loved every aspect of our marriage, from before children, to raising the babies, to college years and now this time that we have, to simply do what we want to do. This time is for us. Finally. We're still young (teen-bride here, well, almost) and we still want to indulge in some silly childhood things -- like taking the whole day off to visit the Magic Kingdom. But mostly I'm looking forward to spending the day with my husband. Happy Anniversary!

No comments: