Social Networks

Back to website

Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Wednesday's Words

When my cover of LIKE LIGHTNING first arrived, I have to say I didn't much care for it. It was different. It surprised me. It wasn't what was in my head. I can't say what it should have looked like, but I didn't think they'd hit the mark with the cover. I know the story, the characters, the theme of the book and I expected something completely different. But then I learned that Harlequin/Silhouette are doing more mainstream looking covers and mine is certainly that. I've lived with it now for more than a week, and it's completely grown on me. I not only like it, I love it. It's amazing how if we change our prospective and our expectations, our tastes change too. It's a fabulous cover, with my two characters silhouetted in the window of the ranch house as a storm is brewing outside. I love the metaphor! I love that fact that I don't have to deal with a clinch cover this time. And I love that the title depicts how the hero and heroine feel about each other, a sort of stormy, forbidden, jolting kind of love. For me now, the cover really displays the whole theme of the story. Thanks to my Hussy and Desire friends, who have helped me see that. Oh and to Debbie and Tanya, my partners in crime too. All have been supportive. :)

No comments: