Social Networks

Back to website

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Ice Dancing


For the past few nights, I've been watching Olympic Ice Dancing. While not a favorite of mine, I have to say that I really enjoyed it. The drama is always something, the heartaches, the triumphs -- all part of what make up the Olympics. And what caught my attention most was the athleticism of the skaters these days. Used to be that ice dancing, was just that -- dancing close with your partner on ice. But now, ice dancing has become more a test of skill, endurance, gymnastics and expression. Those skaters move gracefully across the ice while putting their bodies in the most unique positions. Limber, that's the word. Each one of those skaters is in incredible shape, their bodies completely toned. I sat there watching with my husband and we both ooohed and aaahed and blinked our eyes at the intricate positions and movements they made, and though it looked stunning, we both knew what skill and practice went into those moves. I think I'm still in awe. And it never ceases to amaze me how, as time goes on, our athletes push themselves harder and further than ever before.

No comments: