Social Networks

Back to website

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

The Ritas

I've just finished reading the last book for our pretigious Rita Award. I've read seven in all and I have to say that some of these stories were incredibly good. The writing and depth of emotion and historical background for some was top notch. I guess I miss reading. One of the things a writer doesn't get to do so much is read. Funny? Ironic? Yes. Reading is what brought me to this craft, yet now that I have deadlines and promotion and BlOGS and life outside of writing, seldom do I get a chance to read.

It's bittersweet with judging the Rita books. Most of the time I look at the pile TBR and think, "I don't have time for this," but once I pick up the book and start reading, I get involved and hate to put the book down. That's another reason why it's so hard for me. Usually, I finish a book within a two day period. That means, I cast aside all else, if the book is THAT good. And THAT'S not good for me, timewise. But it happens when I really enjoy a story.

This year, I've read some great ones and I hope that someone out there is judging my story and thinking, "Gee, this is a hard one to put down." Who knows, maybe I'm messing up someone else's schedule!

Visit me on EHarlequin this week under Harlequin Discussions! Meeting Your Match - Mess or Mesh. We're having a lively discussion.

RENEGADE WIFE on sale at Amazon.com and other online sites.
In the bookstores in FEBRUARY too!

No comments: