Social Networks

Back to website

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

The End of the Book

!

It seems like it wasn't so long ago that I started Fortune's Vengeful Groom and now I find myself coming to the end of the story. It's always bittersweet for me as I write these characters I've come to know so well, have learned about, lived with and now, it's almost time to say good-bye. As silly as that seems, it's true. While a part of me thrills at getting to the end of the story, making it all work, tying up loose ends, creating that happy ending, the other part of me, the very sentimental part, feels a little bit sad at losing these people who have been in my life for several months.

And I realize that for those of you who don't write, but love to read, it's the same feeling. When you read a good book, you can't wait to finish it, to see the outcome and feel that sense of completion when the story ends. But at the same time, you hate coming to the end of a good book. You'll revel in the story for days, miss the characters, think about them and that sensation hums through you for days after. Right?
I'm pretty tenacious when it comes down to my last two chapters to write. I can't wait to get the story out of me, to get it down on paper. Can't wait to see the completion. I find that I think more about the ending of the story than any of part. With Fortunes, I have thirty pages left to write before I say farewell to Reese and Eliza. Being a continuity, even after I turn my own story in, Book #3 of the 6 book series, at least I know that I'll be involved in the stories via the other authors. My characters will live on in their books and we'll confer and trade scenes to make sure our characters hold true in each book. That's the fun of writing and reading continuities, seeing the characters both past and present continue on.
And speaking of continuities, I've been reading the Desire Elliotts since January and loving each and every story! Heidi Betts' Mr. and Mistress is next, coming in May. Look for Bridget Elliott(my character) in her book and then I hope you'll all get a chance to read Bridget and Mac's story after that, coming this JUNE in HEIRESS BEWARE!

Now, off the finish Reese and Eliza's story ... and say goodbye

No comments: