Social Networks

Back to website

Thursday, September 15, 2005

Thursday's Thoughts

Challenge Your Brain -- I just read a great article on how to improve your memory skills so that you'll be less likely to have memory loss in old age. I'm not old by any means (not yet!) but I do find myself forgetting things I should be remembering. It's usually nothing of great importance, more an annoyance than anything else and I've NEVER had a great memory. But these are some tips for challenging the brain. See if you do any of these things: Work on crossword puzzles and brain teasers. Take a class, learn a foreign language or a new skill. Change your pattern of shopping at the grocery store. Work on a hobby or craft. READ A NOVEL, (I like this one best) or articles or magazines.

And the article goes on to say it's okay to use Memory aids. I do these things all the time. I love making lists. So, mark you calendar of important events, birthdays, appts. Keep a day planner. Use sticky notes. Make up TO DO lists, especially for the husband (wink). It also goes on to say that you should exercise, eat a healthy diet and try to get your allowance in of Vitamin C and Vitamin E. Both are good for the brain.

I guess it's time to work on some crossword puzzles! All these things promise to keep our memories sharp. Hey, I wonder if writing a morning blog, counts?

No comments: