Social Networks

Back to website

Thursday, September 22, 2005

Thursday's Thoughts

Well - I watched the season premiere of LOST last night. I love that show and it didn't disappoint. It kept me on the edge of my seat. We finally got to see what's down in that "hatch" and what we saw didn't give us answers, but rather more questions. The show is "theme" based which as a writer, I love to see. There's always metaphors, and correlations between the characters present lives on the island and their past lives. The writing on that show is wonderful and it's what originally drew me in. I didn't start watching it when it first premiered last year because I had visions of Gilligan's Island meets Frankenstein. But one night, I caught it and that's the marking of a really good show, it only takes one episode to reel you in because the characters are so interesting and the writing is superb. I cheered when it won the EMMY. I felt it truly deserved that praise. So, now the new season has begun and between watching a few favorites and cheering on the ANGELS baseball team vying for their division lead, I'll have to adjust my writing schedule! I don't watch a whole lot of TV, but certain shows I hate to miss, LOST being one of them. Any fans out there? What's your take on LOST and other shows coming our way?

2 comments:

Cheryl St.John said...

I started watching LOST last season and hung through for most of the year, but then the ponderous pace started to be more than I could look past. That and the fact that they NEVER show us anything. My husband kept up, so I caught part of this season's premiere. More of the same tedious pace I fear -- that and those cliff hangers that turn out to be a letdown because we still never see anything.

I guess it's the questions that keep people tuning in, eh?

Charlene Sands said...

LOST-- yes I just spoke with my friend about the show last night and she agreed with you. There's not much happening and of course, not much gets explained right away, but for some reason, I'm fascinated by it and tune in every week. I think it's because of the characterizations, more than the actual fact of them being on the island. I love the flashbacks that tell you who those people really are and the way the writers manage to weave the past into the present.