Social Networks

Back to website

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Tuesday's Tidbits

There are so many charities in need right now, that I'm not sure how to donate, but recently I saw a spot about Habitat for Humanity and how they have built over 200,000 homes across the nation. It's an incredible charity that provides homes for those in need. For the victims of the Gulf coast region, they are building what they call "houses in a box". I think people from all over can build the frames and then they collapse them and send them to be finished in the home town in need. Sounds like a good way to put roofs over people's heads in a hurry, especially with fall almost here and winter just around the corner.

The Today Show this morning talked about the homes being built and if you want to see one of these "houses in a box", they will be building one next week on the show. I think it would be great to find out where else they are doing these. I wouldn't mind taking hammer to nail to help out -- right now, here in California seems all we can do is send money. Money is important, and heaven knows it's going to take a whole lot of cash to see these cities rebuilt, but I think many of us would love to dig in, and actually do something physical to help out.

I keep hearing of these great organizations and decided instead of picking one, I'll donate what I can to each, since all seem to be doing a particular service, from feeding and clothing the victims, rescuing animals and rebuilding homes. All are equally important.

No comments: