Social Networks

Back to website

Friday, December 02, 2005

Friday's Finds

Did you ever notice that when you were in school, you always knew the day/date? It's because you had to write it on all your papers and homework. Seems like I NEVER know the date anymore -- which tells you it's been a long time since I've been in school. I'm always asking the grocery clerk or bank teller or department store saleslady, what's the date today? Is today the ...? But yesterday I knew it was December 1st! I didn't have to look it up. I didn't see it on a calendar. It was the day, I could officially start decorating my house for Christmas. I've got the outdoor wreath up already! And when my hubby gets our Christmas boxes down from the garage attic, I'm all set to do up Christmas.

If you've read one of my last posts, you'll know that in my neighborhood, already we're behind schedule. Gosh, I still can't believe how many people put up their lights and outdoor decorations so quickly this year. The day after Thanksgiving, I saw a live Christmas tree being carted home in the back of a man's truck. My husband shook his head. "That tree will be dried out and a fire hazard in two weeks." It's true! It's why we sleep better at night now -- we caved in and bought an artificial (but very life-like) tree. It only took one neighbor losing their home to a Christmas tree fire to put us all on alert.

So, I know what I'll be doing this weekend. Anybody else doing the decorating dance this weekend?

No comments: