Social Networks

Back to website

Thursday, December 22, 2005

Need a catchy title! Win a book!!

Well, I recieved the news earlier that my book Shanghaied Groom needs a title change. That's to be expected, except that this title fits the story exactly and is referred to a few times in the story as well as in the ending lines. BUT, if I must, here are a few that I tossed out to my editor. We need to get final approval from the senior editor and won't know until early January.

For those of you lurking and would like to win an advance copy of my February release
RENEGADE WIFE, simply post in the comment section the title you think is going to be the winner.

If none of these are picked and a totally different title is chosen, then the very first one to comment will be sent an autographed copy of RENEGADE WIFE!

Here are the choices:

Counterfeit Groom
Abducted at the Altar
Stealing Shane's Heart
The Education of Dorie McCabe
Marriage of Deception
Mistaken Groom
The Reluctant Groom

Good luck! I hope they chose my favorite, but I'm not telling which one that is!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I vote for Marriage of Deception

Charlene Sands said...

Shannon,

I like that!! I'll email my editor with your suggestion-- Stealing Shane!

Charlene

Anonymous said...

Charlene - I like The Education of Dorie McCabe. It has all sorts of possibilities, and social subtext. Hmm. Education, eh? I wonder. . .

Anonymous said...

OK, I have to agree that Shanghied Bride was awesome. But since that is not an option... I'll vote for Counterfeit Groom. Shannon's suggestion for Stealing Shane is a close second. Can't wait to read the book.

Happy New Year,
Paula

Anonymous said...

Gosh, Charlene, I always like your titles so much better than the ones they choose for you! Ah well. I like Abducted at the Altar best, but I think Stealing Shane's Heart will be the one the editor's choose. So, there is my guess. But ya know what? Even if I don't win - I'm buying Renegade Wife book and I can't wait to read it!! An advanced copy is just a good book that much sooner! I hope you like what they choose:)

-Geralyn

Anonymous said...

I like Abducted at the Altar

D'Andrea

ChristyJan said...

Hi Charlene,

I like Stealing Shane's Heart

Anonymous said...

Hi I vote for Stealing Shane's Heart

Anonymous said...

Stealing Shane's Heart
I Like the sound of this one,Good luck.

Unknown said...

My first instinct says Abducted at the Altar, but Stealing Shane's heart would be my next choice.

CrystalGB said...

I vote Abducted at the Altar.