Social Networks

Back to website

Thursday, December 01, 2005

Thursday's Words

Online shopping is going to be my best friend this holiday season. As I wander aimlessly into the malls and shops, I'm finding less and less I want to buy. Most of the things I see aren't unique enough and it's so time-consuming. Like I said in an earlier post, I really like to find gifts that are different and fun for my family and friends. So aside from those day trips I'll make, most of my shopping will be on the internet. This worked so well for me last year too. It means sitting at the computer for long intervals sometimes, but usually I find exactly what I want and if I order it early, it comes well before Christmas.

I guess I'm just not a mall shopper anymore and when I do go, it's in the later evening when there are no crowds. My mother loved shopping. She was born to shop. She would walk my feet off in her earlier days. She'd go and go from one end of the mall to the other and back. I remember those days so clearly. But now, I'm into making life simple. And the internet certainly does that!

No comments: