Social Networks

Back to website

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

AMERICAN IDLE

No, I didn't spell it wrong. I'm just going through withdrawals. So many shows that I watch, (which truly aren't too many) have or will conclude this week. American Idol (there, I spelled it right) will have its season finale tonight. I'm a big fan. I love the competition, seeing the different personalities and loving the challenges these young competitors have to meet. I can't say it's easy. Not many of us would have the nerve, the guts, the stamina to compete day in and day out.

So, last night, I stayed up until 11:30 and voted and voted and voted. There's a big difference between Taylor and Katherine, so I guess it depends on what kind of music you like. Personally, I've thought all along that the judges have been biased. They seem to really want a male winner. There has only been one so far. So tonight, we'll find out for sure.

I have to say I won't miss Randy's dawg talk, that gets old. Or Paula's repetitive comments. Where I used to think Simon was awful, now I see him as the only one that's real. But enough of that. I'll miss everyone. Lucky for me, Ryan Seacrest hosts KIIS FM in the mornings, so he'll still be around.

I guess, I'll just get more writing done in the evenings now. With no more new episodes of LOST, DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES, SMALLVILLE and MEDIUM, I'll be less inclined to turn on the television. That's a good thing. Maybe I'll even get out for a walk at night with dear hubby!

2 comments:

Cheryl St.John said...

I'm glad to see the season over so that I'm not chained to taping for my daughter who is in school every night. As you know, I'm a Taylor fan, so his win was fantastic by me. Can't wait to go buy a CD -- and one by Elliot Yamin, as well. Poor Kelly, they made an even bigger boob out of her for the finale.

What a shocker to see Clay's makeover! I have 2 Clay CDs. Do you buy AI finalists' CDs?

And I positively refused to watch So You Think You Can Dance. I don't need another show sucking me in for the summer. I already have garage sales tempting me.

Charlene Sands said...

Cheryl,

I liked Katherine best of all and she was a hometown girl, living only ten minutes from here. But, Taylor is great too. I like his personality. I saw him on Leno last night. He's gotten no sleep for days, he said. What a thrill for him to win.
And nope. I'm with you - no more reality shows for me. Actually Idol is the only one I do watch. The others don't interest me. And yes, I love Clay (but almost didn't recognize him) and have his CD and I'm going to buy Carrie Underwood's as well. I love her country sound - that girl can sing!