Social Networks

Back to website

Thursday, May 18, 2006

Why do I write romance?

Yes, I'm a romantic at heart. I believe in happy endings. Maybe I always have, because today is my 32nd wedding anniversary.

I was a child bride -- well, almost.

And I do believe that two people can share a life, with ups and downs and everything in between and love each other nearly unconditionally for a long, long time.

So when I write my romances, I have my own life and love in mind. Though, my stories aren't anything like the heartwrenching ones I often write. I met my husband in high school. We were young and we dated and to this day, we honor the day of our first date with the same enthusiasm as we do our wedding anniversary. I have my own real life hero who inspires me to write these stories. Thankfully, my real life isn't filled with too many conflicts -- yet, conflicts have to be there in our romance stories, or we DON'T have a story.

But what's the same is that my heroes and heroines always find each other. They realize their love and bond a future together by the end of the book. I'd like to think of them celebrating their 32nd anniversary as well, with as much love and devotion in their hearts, living their own happily-ever-after.

Join Charlene for her comprehensive Online Class in June:
FORGIVE ME, DAVID LETTERMAN - TOP TEN WRITING MISTAKES.
You know you're making a mistake if ....
For details and registration go to: http://www.occrwa.com/classes_June.htm

No comments: