Social Networks

Back to website

Thursday, May 04, 2006

No Job is Secure -- LOST

I'm a huge fan of the TV Show LOST and have been watching it since the beginning. And I have to say, it's innovative and mind-boggling at the same time. No one is safe on the island, so beware of getting too attached to the characters.

I recall an interview with one of the major cast members who said that they never know who's going off the show. No job is secure. I would venture to say that Matthew Fox will be around a long time, and maybe one or two others have some degree of security, but last night's episode really blew me away. Just when we get to the point that we begin to "like" a character or at least understand them, they kill them off. Or they just disappear. Last night, we lost two characters and I didn't see it coming until a second or two before it happened. I said "uh-oh" and sure enough, two cast members lost their contracts and their roles on the show.

I guess, keeping the audience guessing also keeps the show fresh. This show is unlike all others in that respect.

And another show that keeps us guessing is American Idol. I'm going to miss Paris. But my predictions so far are holding true. I think Chris and Katherine will be the last two standing. Who will win, is anybody's guess.

FORGIVE ME, DAVID LETTERMAN - TOP TEN WRITING MISTAKES.
You know you're making a mistake if ....
Join Charlene for her comprehensive Online Class in June. For details and registration go to: http://www.occrwa.com/classes_June.htm

No comments: