Social Networks

Back to website

Friday, August 05, 2005

Friday's Finds

What I'm FINDING this Friday is a way to put off the inevitable. I've been so busy since our Reno conference, that I haven't yet sunk my teeth into anything tangible. Isn't it hard to get going, when there are so many distractions? Not frivilous ones by any means, but when the business of writing, becomes a business and not the craft, I have to take a step back. I find that half of my time is spend on business matters now, keeping up with current trends, staying abreast, reading pertinent business related posts and articles, not to mention contacts with agents and editors.
Oh ... I miss the good old days, when all I had to do was sit down at my computer and create my special worlds, with characters I had come to love. But it is a business and only a very select few can opt for a business manager to do everything that needs doing so that the writer can do what she does best.

Don't I wish that would happen one day? How about you? Are any of you writers out there feeling the overwhelming tug of war, between business and craft? And what do you do about it?

No comments: